More and more cities are constructing bike lanes to create bike-friendly environments. This trend is encouraging commuters to see their bicycles as a necessity rather than a luxury. Bikes save time, get you out of traffic jams, and, best of all, they’re great for the environment.
The problem is where to store your bike. That’s why finding the best bike wall rack for your wheels is essential.
The 5 Best Bike Wall Racks
After reviewing a variety of bike storage options, we’ve rounded up the five best bike wall racks. Let’s get started!
1. Delta Cycle Michelangelo – Top Pick
The Delta Cycle Michelangelo is a popular bike wall rack famous for its ease of use. Its durable steel frame is slender and does a wonderful job of fitting seamlessly into any home decor.
One reason we like this rack is how easy it is to install. It’s worth noting that the instructions state to attach the rack to a wall. We decided to try it first without any drilling, and we’re happy to say it remained stable.
We were impressed by Michelangelo’s movable support arms. They’re designed to handle a wide variety of bikes. To reposition, simply twist until each one reaches the desired position.
Another practical feature is the additional side hooks. They provide a safe place to hang your helmet and other biking accessories. Cool, right?
- Movable support arms
- Durable design
- Additional side hooks
- Price is relatively high
2. Steadyrack Classic Bike Rack – Runner-Up
- Fits most road, hybrid, cruisers and select mountain bikes without fenders and tire diameters of 20” to 29” and widths up to 2.1 inches
- Holds a bike weighing up to 77 lbs. or 35kg.
- No Lifting - Simply balance the bike on its rear wheel and push it into the rack – there is no heavy lifting required
- User friendly racks are suitable for the whole family from 20” bikes on up to adult bikes
- Space Saving – unlike bike stands, hooks or pulley systems, our racks have a unique swivel design allowing more bikes to be stored in less space and still be accessible
The Steadyrack Classic Bike Rack is one of the best products on the market. What makes this vertical bike rack so special? It’s one of the easiest racks to use.
You don’t even have to lift the bike off the ground. Just hold the bike upright in a vertical position on its back wheel. Then, let the front wheel roll into the rack’s grip.
The manufacturers didn’t stop there. They added a hinge that pivots almost 180 degrees. This means you can store your bikes in line with the wall, standing out, or overlapping with each other.
The Steadyrack is made from UV-treated plastic and a steel frame. It’s sturdy enough to accommodate a wide range of bikes.
- Versatile mounting options
- Compatible with most bikes
- Pivoting hinge
- Doesn’t require heavy lifting
- Price is relatively high
- Not suitable with bikes that have mudguards
3. Dirza Vertical Bike Rack – Best Budget
No products found.
The Dirza Vertical rack is built with functionality in mind. The designers took a good look at most of today’s city apartments and decided to come up with an ingenious way to store bikes.
First, they designed a hook and plate system that can safely handle tires and rims. Just lift up your bike and slide the front wheel into the hook.
The entire rack is covered with a high-strength heat-treated powder-coated layer. It’s sturdy and durable, with a maximum weight load of 65 pounds.
Another practical feature is that you can mount the Dirza to any studded wall. It comes with four screws, which are installed into the studs after you’ve drilled into the wall.
- Durable design
- Can support heavy bikes
- Budget-friendly price
- Isn’t suited for wide wheels
4. Hornit Clug: Most Minimalistic
- World's smallest bike rack. Easily mounts to any type of wall or vertical surface.
- Clug your bike vertically or horizontally against any surface. Vertical mounting requires rear tire to rest on the ground.
- Available in five sizes to fit most bikes (Roadie, Hybrid, MTB, XL, and XXL).
- Organizes indoor and outdoor spaces, increases usable floor area, minimal profile.
- One CLUG per bike; no hooks, straps, bars or other equipment necessary. All mounting and installation hardware included.
Do you know the saying ‘great things come in small packages’? This definitely applies here. The Hornit CLUG is durable, practical, and easy to install.
We also appreciate that it’s available in five sizes to accommodate all bikes. It’s important to note that the manufacturers rate the CLUG’s maximum load capacity at 29 pounds.
Designed in the shape of the letter ‘G,’ the clamp grips the front tire. At the same time, the back tire rests on the floor.
The CLUG bike rack is mounted by drilling two holes in the wall, then securing the screws tightly. It can be fixed either vertically or horizontally.
- Minimalist design
- Works both horizontally or vertically
- Limited maximum weight load
- Won’t be able to support your bike if it has a flat tire
5. Ibera Adjustable Bicycle Wall Hanger – Most Versatile
- Bike Hook Holder Storage Rack for Indoor Storage
The Ibera Adjustable Bicycle Wall Hanger is a sturdy and reliable horizontal rack. It gives you some impressive options, such as its telescoping tubes. Use them to pull the arms outward or inward, depending on the size of your room.
The arms are made of padded aluminum. They provide maximum support for your bike without chipping the paint.
Featuring a maximum weight load of 40 pounds, the Ibera has various adjustment options. Using a simple ratcheting mechanism, you can reposition the support arms. Not only can you change their width and height, but they also lock into place for maximum security.
- Adjustable height and width
- Durable build
- Telescoping tubes that adjust the arm length
- Affordable price
- The tab that locks the bike in place becomes loose with time
What Should You Consider When Choosing a Bike Wall Rack
The best bike wall racks help you protect your ride. They’re also a terrific way to keep your bike on display while keeping it out of the way to save floor space.
Here are some tips to think about before buying a wall rack for your bike.
Take Your Bike Measurements
Check the measurements and specs on your bike. Some bike wall racks are designed to hang on to the wheels. Others carry the crossbar, also known as the top tube.
Almost all bike racks have weight limitations. So it’s essential to weigh your bike beforehand.
Choose The Right Spot
With a bike rack, you can keep your bike accessible. At the same time, you want to place it somewhere close to the front door to avoid tracking in mud and making a mess.
Once you’ve picked the best place to store your bike, you have to choose the type of wall rack you can hang in that area.
Pick The Best Rack Type for Your Space
In this article, we focused mainly on wall racks, such as vertical and horizontal. Yet, there are other types as well, such as:
- Ceiling Racks
- Floor Racks
- Free-standing Racks
Our Top Pick
You don’t have to break your budget or create lasting damage to your walls. Our product reviews for the best bike wall racks have something for every bike style and budget.
Our top pick is the Delta Cycle Michelangelo. This versatile, user-friendly bike rack is a terrific option for a wide variety of spaces. It has features that boost its functionality, such as the movable arms and side hooks.
Are you looking for something more affordable? Try the No products found.. It has a sturdy design that can handle bikes up to 65 pounds. It’s also easy to install and use. All these features at such an affordable price make this bike rack an excellent option!