Owning a top-quality bike can come with challenges, especially if it has cost you a large sum of money. Out of the multiple things you’ll need to do to take proper care of your bike, storing it can be the most important.
Yet, one of the easiest ways to store your bike is by using the best floor bike rack. Most of these racks require no installation. Besides, they should fit seamlessly with your home decor or outdoor yard.
Ready to meet our favorite candidates?
Our Top 4 Picks for the Best Floor Bike Rack
We’ve taken the liberty to choose four bike racks to review. Hopefully, one or more could meet your standards.
The first product on our list, this bike rack by Simple Houseware can be the best choice for a family of cyclists. So, if you live with a bunch of bikers or tend to invite friends who travel by bike to your home, you should check out this rack.
This beauty can handle five bikes at once, not to mention that it’s stable and reliable. It’s perfect for 12-inch to 26-inch bikes.
What makes it a great option is that it’s made of fine powder-coated steel. Therefore, you can keep it outdoors because it’s weather-resistant.
You can easily adjust it to hold 1-5 bikes depending on your needs. Of course, this can come in handy if you wish to put it indoors to save space.
Finally, people loved its mid-tier price. Compared to its sturdy build and high-quality materials, the cost should be definitely worth it.
- Setup takes less than 15 minutes
- Offers you up to 5 storage compartments
- Powder-coated steel is weather-resistant
- Great indoor and outdoor rack
- Mid-range price
- Might be too wide for small kids bikes
- Patented SIMPLE PUSH IN DESIGN - Quick & Easy effortless push in system. Unlike other bike stands, which you need to lift the bike and put into. Our stand's front holder will tilt when you push the bike into the rack. This patented great design will be PERFECT for heavy bikes such as downhill, mountain and beach bikes.
- MOST STABLE BIKE STAND – There are three points holding on the tires, much better than other stands which have only one or two points holding on the frame, rim, disc rotor and derailleur. The bike's front or rear wheel sitting in the holder is much deeper than others, so it stays firmly in the holdder. Plus a stylish dynamic stand base makes the bike impossible to be tilted if you do not push extremely hard onto the bike.
- FOLDABLE & PORTABLE - A simple one-pull-knob will allow to fold the stand into a flat shape within a second, saving storage when not in use or to carry it into the car when going riding. Your bikes will never be lying on the ground or leaning against buildings or trees anymore.
- SUPERB DURABLE QUALITY & STUNNING FINISH TO MATCH YOUR BIKE - Heat treated high quality steel with a fantastic powder coated finish. This stand will last forever if used appropriately. FITS NEARLY ALL BIKES: The bike stand will fit almost all bikes range from Kids Bikes, 26" to 29" Mountain Bikes, 650c -700c Road Bikes, EXCEPT those bikes with the tires more than 2.5" in width.
- ORDER NOW, WORRY FREE! We're so confident about our product quality that we can provide a LIFETIME WARRANTY!
Our second favorite bike rack is this admirable beast by Bikehand. Even though it’s a bit more expensive than the previous one, you might appreciate its features.
First off, it comes with a patented push-in design, which can be heavenly if you have a heavy mountain bike. Unlike other racks, this stand doesn’t require you to lift your bike to put it in place. Instead, you’ll just have to push your bicycle into position.
Even better, this rack is steadier than most options on the market since it has three points that hold the tire. Other racks usually have only one or two points. Also, it’s designed in a way to ensure that the wheel is buried deeper in the compartment than other types of racks.
Yes, this rack is only suitable for one bike, which can be a deal-breaker if you need several compartments. However, we think that its overall value is unmatched.
- Stable and firm design
- Durable high-quality steel
- Patented push-in mechanism
- Only fits one bike
- Unable to hold bikes with tires of more than 2.4 inches in width
- ►HEAVY DUTY - Tubular steel construction makes this two bike rack one of the sturdiest bike racks on the market
- ►EASE OF USE - Quickly store 2 bikes with ease. No clamps, no brackets, no lifing. Just roll the bike into the rack and walk away
- ►VERSATILE - Bikes Can Be Stored In The Same Or Alternate Directions
- ►SIMPLICITY - So simple even children can use it without assistance. It doesn't get any easier than this.
- ►DURABLE FINISH - The gloss black powdercoated finish will protect your rack from the elements for years.
If you’re on a tight budget and don’t need a 5-bike rack, you should probably consider this product by RAD Cycle. Besides its convenient price, it features many qualities that we couldn’t ignore.
For instance, you’ll notice that its structure is made of tubular steel. This enhances its durability and makes it one of the steadiest bike stands on the market. We like its glossy finish, too, which makes it look fancy while protecting it from outdoor weather.
Also, it’s pretty close to the floor, so you’ll need as little lifting as possible to get the bike inside its compartment. Besides that, the design of the rack is versatile, allowing you to position bikes in the same or alternate directions.
All and all, this 2-bike floor rack can be a great investment if you ask us.
- Heavy-duty materials and weather-resistant finish
- Simple design requires minimum lifting
- Children-friendly and straightforward design
- Not suitable to use with bikes equipped with disc brakes
- Easy to assemble and adjustable(from 1 to 4 compartments): all the accessories (screws and nuts) and an instruction are coming in the package. There are reserved screw holes and screws to fix on the ground, you may need to punch holes on the ground yourself.
- Good quality: Fine Powder Coated Steel resist in all weather condition.
- Compatible and flexible: Stable floor rack for holding up to 4 bicycles, good for 12'' to 20'' bikes, it can be separated into a separate bike rack to meet your different needs.
- Pratical: Keep the bike upright with heavy steel tubes. The stand can hold it and avoid tilting and protect bikes from being damaged or scratching from other stuffs or the wall.
- Dimension: 40''L x 13.2''W x 10.6''H. 9.3''L for each compartment, 2.15'' inner distance. This parking rack is suitable for bicycle tires under two inches.
Here’s another affordable bike rack you’ll likely come to admire. With its simple design and value for the price, many people thought it was a decent pick.
This Heureux Houseware bike rack is adjustable to fit 1-4 bikes. However, these bikes need to be less than 24 inches in height and two inches in width. So, if you have larger bikes, this rack may not be the one for you.
One of this product’s best features is that assembly is a piece of cake. Everything you may need to set it up is included, namely nuts, screws, and an informative instruction guide.
Even better, the rack is made of heavy-duty steel with an anti-rusting coating to withstand the elements.
For its price, this 4-bike floor rack can be exactly what you need to keep your bikes upright.
- Easy to assemble
- Straightforward design
- Durable materials
- Good deal for the price
- You can’t use it with larger bikes
- You may need to drill holes in the ground to keep this rack in place
Things to Consider Before Buying a Floor Bike Rack
After taking a look at these cool products, you might be unsure of which one to pick. However, thinking about the following factors can help you make a decision.
- The number of bikes that you want to store
- The size and width of the bike wheels
- Your budget
- If you need to put the rack indoors vs. outdoors
- The rack’s durability and materials
- Stability options
Making sure that you buy the best floor bike rack for your needs can take you a long time to think over. However, after reading our guide, the decision should come more easily to you.
In our opinion, we admire SimpleHouseware 5 Bike Bicycle Floor Parking Adjustable Storage Stand the most. It offers you five parking compartments, a durable structure, and a nice level of stability.
If you’d prefer a more premium product, then we advise you to go for BIKEHAND Bicycle Floor Type Parking Rack Stand - for Mountain and Road Bike Indoor Outdoor Nook Garage Storage. While it’s a bit more pricey, a serious cyclist will mostly fall in love with its features.