It’s time to stop worrying about your tools and start worrying about the actual work!
Having the right pegboard and hooks will take your mind off the mess of tools around you, and you’ll be able to focus on what you’re doing. Read on to find the best pegboards and hooks for your tools.
The 3 Best Pegboards for Your Tools
Here are the three best pegboards on the market in terms of versatility, durability, and convenience.
- Built-in standoffs
- Easy to install
- Mounts on 16 in stud centers
- Fusion Lock ensures a perfect mount when you add another pegboard left or right, above or below
- Perfect for any room in the house
The Dorman pegboard is one of the most versatile boards on the market. It has a weight capacity of 50 pounds, thereby enabling you to hang heavy tools without worrying. The ¼-inch holes also accept all the standard accessories so that any hooks kit will work.
The pegboard is suitable for houses, gardens, and garages. You can also mount it in your kid’s room if you want. Each board is 16 x 16 inches, but you can fit multiple boards next to each other if you want a larger area.
The mounting process is easy enough for anyone to do it, thanks to the board’s built-in spacers. However, the board comes without screws, so you’ll have to buy those separately.
- Sturdy build
- Easy mounting
- No attaching screws included
- More than ten times stronger than conventional pegboard and 32in Tall x 16in
- Galvanized steel pegboard panels accept slotted, stable, and more secure hooks, pegs, brackets, and shelves
- Steel panel prevents the pegboard holes from fraying and wearing out over time. For mounting into concrete, we would recommend using Blue TapCon screws or equivalent
- Steel pegboards are constructed with a pre-formed 3/4-inch flange that separates the panel storage surface from the wall
- Pegboard panels mount directly into studs or sheet rock with no framework required
If you’re mounting the pegboard in a garage, the Wall Control board may be an ideal option for you. It’s a heavy-duty metal pegboard that’s most fit for heavy tools. You can use it to mount lawn tools and heavy hardware.
Upon purchasing, you get two pegboards that measure 16 x 32 inches. You have the choice to mount them end-to-end or next to each other. They feature a flange design that allows you to hang them safely on the wall. Each board has a weight capacity of 200 pounds, which is impressive for the price tag they come with.
The pegboards are made of high-quality metal that accepts all kinds of accessories. It’s also galvanized for an extra protective finish.
- High weight capacity
- Durable metal build
- Flange design for easier mounting
- The screws included aren’t enough
- SIZE - 60"H x 15"W Panels
- Accepts ¼” Peg Hooks
- STURDY - Pegboard measures ¼” thick panels. This peg display is great for organizing a variety of items and displaying them for any occasion.
- This pegboard is made of wood panels to display your items in an easy and neat manner.
- DISPLAY STAND - Pegboard display stand is great for trade shows, flea markets, or for at home organization.
If you want a huge space for your tools, you can opt for this SSWBasics pegboard. It’s a freestanding 4-panel board that’ll accept all the tools you can possibly mount. Each panel has a height of 60 inches and a width of 14.5 inches.
The panels easily fold down in case you want to store them. Plus, they come pre-assembled with brass-plated hinges. Their material is natural pine, which is highly durable and sturdy. Moreover, they’re easy to move and set up, thanks to their flexible design.
This pegboard is suitable for people who don’t have enough space on their walls for mounting. Yet, it requires some room for storing.
- Easy to mount
- Natural pine material
- A bit flimsy
The 3 Best Hooks on the Market
Here, we’ll show you the best three hook kits on the market that’ll go with any pegboard.
- HOOKS THAT DON'T FALL OUT. Up to 3x thick as competing products. Our 1/4 Inch Pegboard Attachments have a 0.21 inch thick diameter to fit your 1/4'' holed pegboard securely.
- BASKETS THAT ALWAYS HANG STRAIGHT. Buying our baskets is a safe bet. We’ve added spacers to assure stability on every pegboard, regardless of thickness.
- EXTREMELY HEAVY DUTY. Think sledgehammers and shovels, not just screwdrivers. Our peg board hook assortment weighs up to 3x more than competing pegboard hook sets!
- STORE MORE. These hanging storage baskets have a square design, double peg attachments and thicker upper wire than competing wire baskets.
- 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE - MaddTools are backed by 100% guarantee that you are fully satisfied with your product or receive your money back.
If you don’t want to run out of hooks anytime soon, this kit would be an excellent option to consider. It comes bearing 57 accessories, which is more than most kits offer. Besides, it comes at a relatively low price, which is a bonus.
The low price doesn’t mean you’ll be getting a subpar quality. On the contrary, MADD’s hooks are extra-thick and durable. The manufacturers designed them for heavy-duty work.
Thanks to the extra thickness, the hooks won’t fall out of the pegboard, unlike other hooks. They have a 0.21-inch diameter, which will fit just fine in standard pegboard holes.
The hooks come in a basket that you can hang on the wall. That way, you can have it mounted beside the pegboard for easier access.
- Suitable for heavy-duty work
- Basket included in the purchase
- Some hooks arrive crooked
- Made for 1/8 inch and 1/4 inch pegboard
- For use in garages, sheds, workshops and basements
- Ideal for storage of tools, paint brushes, extension cords and athletic equipment
The National Hardware hooks are highly versatile; you can fit them in ¼ and ⅛ inch pegboard holes. The set comes with every accessory you’ll need for workshops, basements, and garages. You can mount heavy tools on them, and they won’t budge.
The hooks are made of polycarbonate, and they’re coated with zinc for extra durability. Additionally, they come in a wide color range so that you can take your pick. Despite all that, the hook kit is budget-friendly.
The hooks are thick and sturdy; they won’t fall out of the pegboard holes, even if you hang heavy garden tools.
- The hooks are highly durable
- Plastic holders included
- Different sizes of hooks available
- The plastic holders are hard to use
- UNIVERSAL FIT: hooks fit all types of 1/4” pegboards with 1” spacing
- SET INCLUDES: 50 pcs 4 in. L-shaped metal hooks for a variety of hanging applications in garage, workshop, basement, shed and kitchen
- HEAVY DUTY: hardened steel construction to provide maximum strength
- NICKEL PLATED FINISH: corrosion-resistant nickel plating finish for durability
- MULTI-PURPOSE USE: perfect for storage and organizing a wide range of tools, household cleaning suppliers, painting suppliers, extension cords and a lot more
When it comes to durability, the Neiko hooks are hard to match. They’re made out of steel, and they have a nickel finishing, which gives them a sleek shiny look. Upon purchasing, you get 50 hooks, which means you won’t be repurchasing hooks anytime soon!
The steel build makes the hooks much more durable than similar accessories. Plus, the nickel finishing is corrosion-resistant. You’ll be able to hang heavy items as much as you want. The hooks are also ideal for holding wires, cords, and similar supplies.
The hooks are L-shaped to offer enough space for multiple tools. They’re also multipurpose; you can use them to hang a variety of items, whether they’re household or garden tools.
- Suitable for heavy-duty work
- Corrosion-resistant finishing
- Users reported that they’re not suitable for metal pegboards
The Final Verdict
Our top pick for pegboards is the Wall Control 30-P-3232GV Galvanized Steel Pegboard Pack. It’s affordable, durable, and easy to mount. On top of that, the high weight capacity is highly useful for heavy tools. You can use it for your garden or garage tools.
As for the hooks, our favorite kit is the Neiko 53100A 4-Inch Pegboard Hooks and Organizer Assortment | 50-Piece Value Pack. The hooks are L-shaped, which gives you enough space to hang multiple tools at once. Besides, they’re corrosion-resistant and durable.