Looking for the best Slatwall system to organize your tools and equipment? Then you came to the right place!
In this article, we’re reviewing the top 5 Slatwall systems to help you land the perfect deal.
5 Best Slatwall Systems
- Includes 10 slats, covering an 8-foot x 4-foot section or 32 total square feet (each panel measures 5 ¾-inch H x 8-foot L; because panels interlock, the exposed or finished size is 4 ¾-inch H x 8-foot L)
- Modular--accessories such as baskets and shelves available to help you organize your space; Expandable--change the configuration or add to your design at any time
- Rugged, interlocking panels--not affected by mold, mildew or water; Heavy-duty solid PVC wall panels are made from 90-Degree recycled materials
- Holds up to 75 lbs per linear foot when properly installed; All trims are included and designed for an exact fit and color match
- Installed directly to studs or over drywall; Patented hidden-screw design for a professional finished look
Kicking off our list with one of the highest-rated Slatwall systems on the market, the Proslat Slatwall System comes with 10 panels, trims, and mounting hardware. The Slatwall rugged and the panels interlock for maximum sturdiness.
Each panel covers up to an 8 ft. x 4 ft. section, totaling an area of 32 total square feet. If that’s bigger than what you need, smaller sized panels covering 4 ft. x 4 ft. sections are also available.
The Proslat Slatwall is constructed using heavy-duty PVC wall panels that the company claims to be made from recycled materials. Additionally, it’s resistant to mold and water.
This system includes modular baskets and shelves to help you organize your garage space, with the trims holding up to 75 lbs per linear foot given proper installation. We love how all the trims are designed for a perfect fit and color match.
The installation process of the Proslat Slatwall is pretty simple as you can fix it directly to studs or over drywall. Moreover. the patented hidden-screw design means no screws will be visible after the installation to give you a professional finished look.
- Expands easily
- Easy and quick installation
- Multiple color options
- Only compatible with Proslat accessories
- (10) Proslat panels, Light Grey, covering an 8-foot x 4-foot section or 32 total square feet with 20-piece multi-purpose hook kit
- Wall panels are eco-friendly and easy to clean; Wall panels have lifetime warranty
- Hooks have 1/8-inch back plates designed to disperse the work load throughout the wall
- Hooks are made of heavy duty steel; Finished with silver powder coat
- Modular system and accessories help you organize your space according to your needs; change the configuration or add to your design at any time
The Proslat Basic Bundle is another eco-friendly and easy-to-clean option for your garage setup. In this kit, you get 10 panels sized 8 ft. x 4 ft. for a total of 32 square feet. It also includes a 20-piece multi-purpose hook kit.
Like the previous candidate, the panels are made of heavy-duty PVC that you can simply wipe or hose down. It’s also mold and water-resistant, with hooks made of durable steel. The silver powder coat ensures longevity and prevents the hooks from rusting.
Additionally, the hooks feature ⅛ inch backplates, designed to distribute the workload throughout the wall. Thanks to the modular system, you can change the configuration whenever you want according to your requirements.
The Proslat Basic Bundle is available in charcoal, light grey, and white colors. It comes with a generous lifetime warranty on the wall panels and a 10-year warranty on the hooks and bins.
- Rugged construction
- Comes with multi-purpose hook kit
- Generous warranty
- On the pricey side
- Sized for customer convenience
- Panels are 4' x 2' (W x H) for easy transport and installation
- Half-grooves on top and bottom for stacking
- Works with all Slatwall Hardware
- Set of (2) Panels 24"H x 48"L
Sold in a set of 2, this Slatwall system provides you with two panels with 4 ft. W x 2 ft. H dimensions. Depending on the area you want to cover, you can make use of the featured half-grooves on the bottom and top for stacking to create 4 ft. x 4 ft. sections.
These Maple panels from Only Garment Racks are high-quality and durable, made from MDF material. They’re rather lightweight, so installing and transporting them should be a breeze.
These panels are also compatible with all the Slatwall hardware, allowing you to use a variety of accessories to achieve a perfect setup. Not to mention, you can use them individually or stacked to form a series, as well as add hooks, shelves, and bins to customize your Slatwall.
- Features half-grooves on both sides
- Allows for easy stacking
- Prone to chipping
- DURABLE: Light-weight panel is constructed of moisture-proof, UV resistant rigid resin to ensure long-lasting use
- VERSATILE: Neutral color enhances any garage, shed, or storage area!
- EASY SET UP: Tongue-and-groove design allows seamless installation with no visible brackets or screws
- ULTIMATE STORAGE: Add hooks and wire baskets (available separately) that are easily repositioned to customize wall storage
- IDEAL SIZE: Slatwall section measures 12"W x 48"H
A popular name in the Slatwall industry, Suncast is known for its durability and versatility. These panels are no exception, designed to be light-weight, moisture-proof, and UV resistant.
The resin used in construction ensures long-lasting service and improved performance. Additionally, the setup is very easy to install and it leaves behind no visible brackets or screws for a professional look. Each panel measures 4 ft. x 1 ft., with an ideal wall size of 12 x 48 inches.
The hooks and wire baskets can be easily moved for a customized configuration, but these aren’t included in the kit. No worries though, such accessories are readily available in any hardware store.
The Suncast Panels comes in grey color, which complements any garage or shed. As for the installation, you just need some wall studs to attach the panels to. From there, you can hang baskets to store items such as brushes, tins, and so on.
- Works with different surfaces
- Durable resin material
- UV resistant
- The stickers on them are hard to remove
- Panels are 4' x 2' (W x H) for easy transport and installation
- Half grooves are on both ends of panel for easy stacking
- Light weight and sized for stores convenience
Looking for space-efficient Slatwall panels that offer maximum convenience and long-term use? Then you should consider these Cherry Slatwall Display Panels from Retail Resource.
This is a great set that includes two panels sized 4 ft. x 2 ft., which makes it ideal for smaller spaces. The panels are super simple to install and thanks to the half-grooves on both sides, they’ll also stack easily if you need to create a series.
Additionally, the panel is relatively lightweight and has been sized for customer convenience. It’s made out of Anchor Core material to ensure durability.
- Suitable for small spaces
- Long service
- You need to look around for compatible inserts
How to Choose the Best Slatwall System
Here are the most important features to consider when shopping for the best Slatwall system:
- Number of Panels in the Set – consider the exact number of panels that’ fully cover your target wall and compare this to the number of panels included in the set.
- Construction – look for long-term service with Slatwall panels that are rugged and interlocked. Such panels will also resist mold, water, and mildew for maximum durability.
- Installation Process – the best slat wall panel is one that you can easily install in a short time. Make sure the box includes all parts required for installation.
- Compatibility and Stacking – finally, the Slatwall system needs to be compatible with all types of hardware to give you a reliable and convenient service. Additionally, consider Slatwall panels with half-grooves on the top and bottom parts as they allow for easy stacking.
Choosing the best Slatwall system can be tricky. This is why we included only the top-performing panels to make sure you end up with a great purchase no matter what.
That being said, we recommend the Proslat 88105 Heavy Duty PVC Slatwall Garage Organizer, 8-Feet by 4-Feet Section, Charcoal as today’s winner thanks to its excellent quality, remarkable durability, and easy installation.