Some of the main issues surfers face when dealing with their surfboards are how to take care of their surfboards and where to store them. One of the best solutions for both of these problems is to get some surfboard racks for your garage.
In this guide, we’ll review what we believe to be the best surfboard racks for garages. We’ll give you all the information you need to buy the surfboard rack that best suits your needs.
Best Surfboard Racks for Garages – Our Top Picks
After scouring dozens of internet pages, we gladly present the top 5 surfboard racks for garages to you. They’re sturdy, they’re durable, and they won’t scratch your surfboard!
Round Winner: StoreYourBoard Double Wall Rack
- DOUBLE SUP CEILING STORAGE: Two-sided overhead rack holds 2 paddleboards for space-efficient storage!
- HEAVY-DUTY STEEL: Built to hold up to 150 lbs (75 lbs per side), that's multiple boards at home, garage, or paddle shop.
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: Adjust the center column adjust from 10" to 18" tall to provide you exactly the storage thickness that fits your space and storage needs; remove the arms with the push of a button.
- WHAT BOARDS WILL IT FIT? Touring, Racing, Flatwater, Yoga, Inflatable, and Surfing SUPs. Also great for surfboards and kayaks! Up to 18" thick, 75 lbs each.
- EXCLUSIVE PATENTED DESIGN: Built to hold your SUPs and built to last!
The StoreYourBoard rack is one of the best choices for you if you want a sturdy and robust rack but have limited storage space.
You hang this rack from the ceiling of your garage and place your surfboards horizontally over it. This rack is great for optimizing storage space and can expand to fit more surfboards.
The StoreYourBoard rack is made of steel, so you can rest assured that it’ll support your big and heavy surfboards like a champ. It’s strong and built to support a maximum weight of 150 lbs of 2 boards combined.
To be more particular, it can support a surfboard of dimensions up to 18″ thick, 75 lbs.
- Great for optimizing storage space
- Can expand to fit more surfboards
- Decent weight capacity
- It’s hard to access surfboards with this rack
Runner Up: Suspenz SUP Rack
- Extends 10" from the wall with a 8" opening of "U"
- Sup rest on the exclusive CSS (Cradling Strap System) - No pressure points; protects against distortion
- Distributes the weight of your Sup evenly based on its length by using our Spacing Chart
- Store Sup on their side at its strongest point
- Adjustable straps to suspend your Sup
Apart from the fact that you can easily install it on your wall, the Suspenz paddleboard wall rack is one of the most popular racks you can find online!
Suspending your surfboard on this rack’s robust webbing will guarantee you that it’s well supported and protected from abrasions and scratches.
The Suspenz SUP rack is made from powder-coated steel tubes, while the straps are made of nylon and are UV-resistant, which improves their lifespan.
- Super easy to install
- Comes already assembled
- Protects your surfboards against scratches
- Some reviewers complained of mounting problems with the screws
Best Value: SPAREHAND Double Paddle Board Wall Rack
- Multipurpose and durable wall-mounted rack for two surfboards or SUPs
- Sturdy angled 27" arms made of steel with thick padding to prevent damage
- Comfortably holds shortboards and longboards with a maximum weight capacity of 100 lbs.
- Includes all necessary hardware and instructions required to mount
- Comes with a 1-year limited warranty
Sparehand double paddle rack is made of durable steel with removable arms that are 27″ long and features a maximum weight capacity of 100 Ibs. This easily places it among the top options in its category, where it withstands the heaviest of surfboards.
The arms of the rack are made of steel and have thick padding, which helps protect your surfboards and prevent abrasions and damage.
- The tilt on the arms tucks the surfboard in place
- Easy to install
- Comes with an easy-to-read manual
- One year warranty
- Might be too big for some
Budget Option: COR Surfboard Wall Rack
No products found.
The COR surfboard wall rack is the cheapest option on our list. It’s made from galvanized steel and has a black powder coating to prevent it from rusting.
In addition to having EVA foam that protects your surfboards from scratches and getting damaged, this rack also has a lot of padding that’s a little sticky so that the boards don’t slide off.
The rack bends to 190 degrees, allowing you to stack two surfboards at the same time. How convenient!
- Inexpensive compared to other racks
- Simple design
- Installing it is a breeze
- Can be installed on the wall or the ceiling
- Lifetime warranty
- The screws included may require a socket wrench to install
Space-Saving Option: FITactic Metal Display Wall Rack Set
- ▼ Built specifically for SUP board, Surfboard, Wakeboard, Kiteboard, Snowboard, Longboards, Shortboard Storage
- ▼ For VERTICAL wall-mounting only (NOT For horizontal ceiling-mounting). Space saving! MAX. 70LBs. Size: 18.5" x 10"
- ▼ With a BIGGER inside width, they can accommodate even thicker SUP board with fins & paddle. ▼ Mounting screws included.
- ▼ Metal tubes are made of galvanized steel and is powder coated to keep from rusting. Protective weather resistant foam to keep your boards stay firm & safe!
- ▼ Detachable extension tube with spring stopper for easy installation (included).
FITactics wall rack set is your best shot if your priority is to manage limited space. The set is built to be mounted vertically on the wall. Dedicated towards surfboards, they’re wide on the inside to accommodate wide surfboards.
These racks are super easy to install, thanks to their detachable extension tube. They’re made of heavy-duty powder-coated steel, so we’re to expect good performance and corrosion resistance!
- Multiple color options
- Made of high-quality steel
- Limited weight capacity
Surfboard Racks for Garage: Which to Buy?
We know how hard it can be to decide which surfboard rack to buy out of the numerous online options. That’s why we’ll be assessing the racks based on several factors to help you decide the best for you.
What’s the type of your surfboard? How much space do you have to place the rack?
The number of boards you have should be a deciding factor on which rack type you buy. Moreover, you should consider your board’s weight and size and choose a rack that will support them.
Material and Durability
Make sure that the rack you buy is strong enough to support the surfboards you have. Opt for wood racks as they’re the strongest and most durable, then come metal racks. As you’ve seen, we’re talking steel, galvanized steel, and powder-coated steel.
The powder thing is to resist corrosion.
The Rack’s Installation System
Before purchasing a surfboard rack, make sure that the installation instructions are clear and easy to follow. You should also settle for racks with fewer parts because they’re usually sturdier than those with multiple components.
With racks carrying such heavy objects hanging on the wall, no mistakes or faulty parts are tolerated.
Placing your surfboards in the garage away from the sun is of utmost importance to protect them from yellowing or cracking. Therefore, one of the best ways to keep your surfboards organized, safe, and well-displayed is using surfboard racks in your garage.
If we have to pick one, we’d recommend the StoreYourBoard Double SUP & Surf Ceiling Storage Rack, Hi Port 2 Overhead Hanger Mount, Home & Garage, the brand is reputable, and the racks are truly sturdy. What’s more to ask?
If you don’t want to break your bank getting a surfboard rack, then No products found. would be convenient. Its price is significantly less than the others while being as equally efficient.