Organise, systemise, categorise! Are you tired of never being able to find an item put away for safe-keeping? Purchase this Sandusky/Edsal UR185P-BLK Black Steel Heavy Duty 5-Shelf Shelving Unit, 4000lbs Capacity, 36" Width x 72" Height x 18" Depth (Does not include post couplers) and never misplace that vital box again.
- Standing five-shelf unit with a 16-gauge steel rack and shelves made of particle board to support an 800-lb. per shelf capacity and a 4000-lb. total capacity. Item does not come with post couplers.
- Double-riveted beams lock into double-rivet holes on corner post for structural security
- Corner post rivet holes are punched at 1-1/2" intervals for precise adjustment to shelf height
- Two-piece post design for vertical assembly of a single 72" high unit, or for horizontal assembly of two 36" high units
- Rivet lock design for boltless assembly, instructions included, rubber mallet recommended for assembly (sold separately)
- at 36” wide, 72” high and 18” deep, this shelving unit will fulfil your storage needs adequately
- the heavy-duty unit will hold a total weight capacity of 4000lbs
- five particle board shelves support up to 800-lb per shelf, a total of 4000lbs total weight capacity
- 16-guage steel racks with double-riveted beams add structural security
- accurate adjustment of each shelf using the corner post rivets spaced at 1 – ½”
- your choice of design – construct a single section 72” high or two 36” horizontal sections
- no bolts required
- use of a rubber mallet recommended for assembly (may be purchased separately)
- can be installed in minutes
- 1 year limited warranty
General customer feedback strongly suggests that there are no positive opinions of this product. Claims of the total weight capacity were found to be grossly exaggerated. The metal posts and particle wood shelves would not hold the advertised 800lb per shelf capacity without buckling or breaking. The particle wood shelves would be subject to damp rot in humid or wet environments.
- it is advisable to bolt the Sandusky/Edsal UR185P/L-BLK Black Steel Heavy Duty 5-Shelf Shelving Unit to the wall or floor
- customer reviews generally advise that the unit is not capable of holding the advertised total 4000lb weight
- if the unit is installed in a damp environment, it is advised that the particle board shelves be painted with moisture sealant
- when storing at full advertised capacity, it is advised that the particle wood shelves be replaced with more sturdy plywood planks
- the feet are not adjustable which may cause instability in the unit if the floor is not uniformly level
- the metal support posts have been found to not comply with the advertised specifications and should be reinforced accordingly
- holes in the upright support posts are not evenly drilled so the unit is not be easily assembled
Overall, the Sandusky/Edsal UR185P/L-BLK Black Steel Heavy Duty 5-Shelf Shelving Unit is a useful shelving solution for storing lightweight, evenly distributed objects. Any substantial weight on the unit would cause the shelves to buckle or crack. Extreme caution is advised if storing heavy objects. The unit should ideally be bolted to a solid support such as a brick wall (not drywall) or a cement floor.
In any environment that may attract damp, the shelves should be treated against mold or damp rot. If the unit is to be used to hold heavy objects, the shelves and metal supports should be reinforced or replaced with more substantial materials. Floor levelers should also be added.
Customer reviews suggest that the Sandusky/Edsal UR185P-BLK Black Steel Heavy Duty 5-Shelf Shelving Unit, 4000lbs Capacity, 36" Width x 72" Height x 18" Depth (Does not include post couplers) does not meet advertised standards and extreme care should be taken if purchased.