Family organizing binders do more than just store tax papers and receipts. They’re used to organize and protect important family documents, along with storing memories and keeping everything in an easily accessible space.
In this post, we’ve chosen four of the best family organizing binders of 2021, based on quality construction and functionality. Let’s dive right in!
Top 4 Family Organizing Binder to Buy in 2021
Among the hundreds of family binders we’ve looked at, only four made it to our list. Here are our favorite family organizing binders worth checking out!
ADVcer Vintage Leather Cover Binder – Best Overall
- ✅ TREASURE YOUR IMPRESSED MEMORIES - Perfectly record and collect those touching moments you don't wanna forget with your innermost words and fadeless photos in this DIY custom scrapbook.
- ✅ IDEAL GIFT OF HEARTFELT MEMORIES - The one and only, your very own handmade customized memory album is the best gift for Christmas, Anniversary, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, Baby Shower, Birthday Party, Wedding.
- ✅ SINCERE AFFECTION REMINISCENCE - Renew your Friendship, Love and Family affection from time to time by recalling memories like vacation travel, adventure recording, family newborn, wedding anniversary, birthday party, etc.
- ✅ PREMIUM VINTAGE BINDER ALBUM - This 3-Ring binder photo album is made with superb retro tree pattern leatherette cover, well carved antique copper corner protector and thick black loose-leaf craft paper.
- ✅ LARGE AND EXPANDABLE CAPACITY - 10.2" x 10.6" big with 25 sheets (50 pages) hardboard that can hold more than 100pcs of 4x6 inch photographs. Even better, it can be expanded to suggested maximum volume with 25 extra add-on album refills (Search B07D6LWP3B to purchase black refill sheets).
The ADVcer Vintage Leather Binder comes in four stunning colors, including brown, peach, red, and auburn. All the binders are made with a unique tree-pattern leatherette cover, well-carved copper corner protectors, and thick, black loose-leaf craft paper.
Every binder is 100% handmade, making it as unique as it is functional. Not a big fan of the tree design? No problem! ADVcer also has a gorgeous heart design option.
Measuring 10.2 x 10.6 inches, this family organizing binder can hold up to 25 sheets of hardboard and over 100 pieces of 4×6 inch photographs. You can even expand it to another 25 add-on album refills if you wish!
This organizing binder is ideal for families who want to create beautiful photo albums or picture scrapbooks.
- Multiple color and design options
- Thick and durable cover
- High-quality construction
- Rings can be thicker
Meadowsweet Family Recipe Organizer – Best for Recipes
- This easy to handle, compact recipe journal measures 9" tall x 6 1/2" wide x 1 7/8" deep with a place on the inside cover to personalize your recipe journal.
- Includes 50 NEW and IMPROVED THICKER two-sided lined recipe pages, and NOW, 40 NEW and IMPROVED STURDIER clear plastic sleeves, and 10 tab dividers with categories.
- Hand write your favorite family recipe on the lined recipe page and then slip it into the clear plastic sleeve to protect it.
- Refill packs made specifically for this journal are available of lined recipe pages for handwriting, unlined recipe pages for computer printing, and plastic sleeves.
- If you prefer a binder with wider 3-hole punched recipe paper that doesn't come with plastic sleeves, check out the Meadowsweet Kitchens Favorite Family Recipes Journal in Grandma's Kitchen design, which does not come with plastic sleeves but you can order them.
This family organizing binder includes 50 thick two-sided lined recipe pages, 40 clear plastic sleeves, and 10 categorized tab dividers. With this, you can hand-write your precious family recipes and slip them into the clear plastic sleeve, protecting them from batter spills and any other cooking accidents.
You can also add over 25 extra pages in the recipe book, which can include anything from supermarket receipts to “final result” recipe pictures!
The cover is made from hard cardboard and comes with a stunning 80s-like design. It’s certainly one of the best recipe holders on the market!
- Durable design
- Plastic sleeves protect pages from accidental spatters
- Beautiful design
- Doesn’t hold a lot of papers
UniKeep Family History Records Organizer and Binder – Best for Family Trees
- A unique organizational tool that allows you organize and store precious genealogical records.
- Includes pedigree charts to document multiple family histories
- Family Group Record pages allow you to document families and record common genealogy items
- Research checklists are included to help document key items for individuals.
- Comes with divider tabs with pockets, page protectors to preserve key documents, and plastic photo pages to organize 4x6 photos
Have you ever wanted to record your family history? If your answer is yes, you’ll love the UniKeep Family History Organizer and Binder.
The UniKeep Organizer and Binder allow you to store and collect precious family genealogical records, from the very first generation to the last.
To help you document multiple family histories, UniKeep included helpful pedigree charts to guide the way. Individual research checklists are included, as well!
This organizer comes with several divider tabs with pockets and page protectors. It also included archival-safe photo pages that allow you to easily organize and protect 4×6 photos.
- Fillable charts included
- Beautiful design
- Stores a decent amount of information
- Rings are made of plastic
Five Star Flex Hybrid NoteBinder – Best Universal
- Plastic cover folds back over the rings to lie flat like a notebook cover; This provides durability and convenient notetaking in class
- Patented TechLock rings allow you to easily add or remove pages, and are flexible so they won’t break or misalign; 1" rings hold up to 200 sheets
- NoteBinder comes pre-filled with 60 college ruled sheets and 20 quad ruled sheets; Also includes 2 NotePocket dividers to store loose sheets and 3 NoteProtector dividers to protect important papers
- Measures 11-1/2" x 10-3/4"; Durable cover protects your contents from damage; Available in Black
Have you ever heard of the saying, “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication”? The Five Star Flex Hybrid NoteBinder perfectly matches this quote. It isn’t anything fancy, but it’s functional and gets the job done.
This family organizing binder is especially ideal for families with multiple pages of documents and files to store and organize.
It comes in six plain colors, all of which include five pocket dividers and 80 sheets of paper. Best of all, the plastic cover it comes with lies flat like a notebook cover, making it even easier to use.
The Hybrid NoteBinder’s tech-lock rings allow you to add and remove pages up to 200 sheets of paper. As the rings are made of metal, they won’t easily break or misalign.
- Multiple color options
- Functional design
- Comes with several pockets
- Not the most durable
Factors to Consider When Buying a Family Organizing Binder
Whether you’re shopping at a store or online, there are several key factors to consider before buying a family organizing binder. Here are three important things to keep in mind:
Material and Design
The material used in the binder is extremely important as different materials fit a range of different purposes.
High-quality organizing binders are usually made with polypropylene plastic and cardboard. The binder’s core should be made with at least cardboard to ensure its longevity.
Fancier binders have attractive covers with glossy finishes or would sometimes even be bound in leather or fabric.
If you’re using your family binder for organizing paperwork, receipts, and the like, you may want to go for a regular binder.
If you’re using it for storing pictures and family history, it may be worth spending a couple of extra dollars for binders with hardcovers and beautiful designs.
Binder rings range from half an inch to 6 inches. Stant D-rings usually hold more sheets of paper than round or o-rings, so if you’re planning to file away several stacks of documents, you’ll want an organizer with D-rings.
Here’s an approximate guide to showing the capacity a binder can hold according to ring type and size:
O-Ring Binder Capacity
- 1/2 inch = 75–100 sheets
- 1-2 inch = 175–400 sheets
- 3-4 inch =350–600 sheets
- 3 inch = 350–650 sheets
- 5+ inch = 700+ sheets
D-Ring Binder Capacity
- 1/2 inch = 95 sheets
- 1-2 inch = 270–370 sheets
- 3 inch = 590 sheets
- 4 inch = 700–825 sheets
- 5+ inch = 1,050 sheets
Ask yourself this: how big do you want your binder to be? How many papers are you planning to file away? Using the right size binder ensures all your papers and documents are protected and organized. It also saves you from buying another binder to store the rest of your paperwork.
All the family organizing binders listed above are made for different purposes.
If you’re searching for a binder where you can organize all your family documents, no matter what they are, you might want to consider purchasing the Five Star Flex Hybrid NoteBinder.